WHAT UPDATES ARE INCLUDED IN VERSION 15.5?
The primary fixes and product updates/changes included in the v15.5 release include:
- Various performance improvements and product security updates
- Improved performance when using Microsoft Outlook
- Double-click to Correct now functions as expected in Microsoft Outlook
- Learn from Sent Emails now works as expected with Gmail
- Learn from Specific Documents now works as expected with GoogleDocs
- Updated advanced scripting engine (WinWrap Basic)
- When using Nuance Management Center, there is an option to allow the immediate synchronization of custom words when the User Profile is opened for the first time on a system
- When using Nuance Management Center, all Professional Usage metrics are properly identified
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2019
- The user will no longer be prompted whether to delete Dragon User Profiles during the uninstallation process, they must be manually removed from the system
WHO SHOULD UPDATE TO VERSION 15.5?
All volume licensing customers currently running an earlier version of Dragon Professional Group, Dragon Legal NZ Group (such as 15.0, 15.3, or 15.4) should upgrade to v15.5.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH VERSION OF DRAGON I AM RUNNING?
On your Dragon Bar, click the Help menu (the “?” mark) on the bottom right of the Bar and select “About Dragon”. The version will be displayed in the top right of the display screen.
IS THERE A CHARGE TO UPGRADE TO VERSION 15.5?
Customers under active maintenance and support contracts will be entitled to the version 15.5 update at no charge.
UPGRADE WITH EASE
SBS can install the upgrade for supported customers with the following benefits…
- Save you time
- Installation replaces inefficient default settings with optimal settings for improved Dragon functionality
- PC will be optimised for increased Dragon performance
- Knowledgeable support should challenges arise during installation
- Assistance with creation of new user profile, and where pertinent, salvaging your custom words and commands from your previous user profile
- Outline of new User Interface, features and commands
- Review of workflow and on-the-spot custom command creation for improved efficiencies
- Address any outstanding concerns
FULL UPDATE RELEASE NOTES
To view the full product update details, including all the specific issues that are addressed, please reference: Dragon 15.5 Group Release Notes
DRAGON PROFESSIONAL GROUP V15.5 DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS
(Dragon Legal NZ Group V15.5 download is not yet available.)
To download the v15.5 update, follow the steps below:
- Log into https://network.nuance.com
- Click the “Downloads” tab
- Click the “Dragon NaturallySpeaking” folder
- Click the “Version 15” folder
- Select the folder name of your Dragon product • For example: “Professional Group”
- Click your respective Language folder • For example: “English”
- Open the “Version 15.5” subfolder in the Language folder
- Download the 15.5 installer by clicking on the corresponding link in the “Version 15.5” folder
To install the v15.5 update:
- Close all programs running on your computer, especially Dragon
- Double-click the v15.5 installer that was downloaded from Nuance Network • Note: If a prior version of Dragon is already installed, it will be automatically removed during the installation process of v15.5.
- Proceed through the installation wizard
- When the update is completed, click “Finish”