Nuance have advised the release of version 15.4 Service Pack for the following Dragon SR solutions:
- Dragon Professional Group (DPG), Volume Licensing (VLA) only
- Dragon Legal Group (DLG) Volume Licensing (VLA) only
The v15.4 Service Pack update resolves several issues that may be encountered while using Dragon in virtual environments (such as Citrix and Terminal Server), and additional bug fixes.
NB: THIS SERVICE PACK DOES NOT APPLY TO DRAGON INDIVIDUAL OR DRAGON MEDICAL CUSTOMERS
WHAT ISSUES WITH VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENTS ARE ADDRESSED IN VERSION 15.4?
The following issues with virtual environments have been resolved in v15.4:
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) in virtual environments no longer causes deadlocks
- Issues in virtual environments where Full Text Control was not available when you launched Microsoft Office are now resolved
- Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word no longer fail in virtual environments when they are opened by macros, add-ons, or other third-party integrations
Important note: In certain scenarios, Word or Outlook may stop responding for approximately 10-30 seconds in both local and virtual environments, but the application will recover within 30 seconds. This issue may still occur when using Dragon v15.4.
WHO SHOULD UPDATE TO VERSION 15.4?
All volume licensing customers currently running an earlier version of Dragon Professional Group, Dragon Legal Group (such as 15.0 or 15.3) should upgrade to v15.4.
HOW DO I KNOW WHICH VERSION OF DRAGON I AM RUNNING?
On your Dragon Bar, click the Help menu (the “?” mark) on the bottom right of the Bar and select “About Dragon”. The version will be displayed in the top right of the display screen.
IS THERE A CHARGE TO UPGRADE TO VERSION 15.4?
Customers under active maintenance and support contracts will be entitled to the version 15.4 update at no charge.
DRAGON SPEECH RECOGNITION SERVICE PACK 15.4 UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS
Please Visit: Dragon 15.4 Upgrade v3