Your computer was upgraded and now your Philips SpeechExec software is no longer working? The most likely explanation is that you were running a version of SpeechExec that is not compatible with Windows 10.
What is compatible?
Here’s a quick overview of Philips SpeechExec Pro software versions, what’s still supported and what you need to know when switching to Windows 10.
Versions compatible with Windows 10:
- Version 10.x
- Version 8.8, supported only up to Windows 10 Version 1511. Please note that SpeechExec Version 8.8 is end of life since March 2017!
Older software versions, not compatible with Windows 10:
- Version 8 to 8.7: software end of support by December 2018
- Version 7: software end of support since November 2015
- Version 6: dongle, software end of support since September 2013
- Version 5: dongle, software end of support since September 2013
What to do?
If you have anything prior to version 8.8, you will need to purchase a new V10.x license. which can be purchased from Sound Business Systems. Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone direct on 0800 342828 | 09 3003030
Step 2: On the current installation
- a) Revoke your license (See this article for more information)
- b) Uninstall it
- c) Install the new licence…or
Step 3: Contact Sound Business Systems
…and we can handle everything on your behalf. Once again simply email us at support @soundbusiness.co.nz or phone direct on 0800 342828 | 09 3003030